Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Have I found a new project?

And on the knitting front: Progress is being made on the 'Stole'. I am almost done with color number five. It is my TV knitting project. Slow but steady.


The Vanilla Latte socks are also a side project that I pick up every now and then or take along with me in my bag.


So my mind is on new projects from the May Malabrigo quarterly Knitcrate subscription yarn. I like the color of the two yarns. Not many options for a 420 yard shawl. I have been searching and have some in mind. This is a sweet shawl 'Knocknagree', or the 'Schaumkronen' shawl, both would work with that amount of yarn.
But then this popped up on my Instagram feed, the 'Terzetto'. In the middle of the day at my desk and my mind would not stop thinking about it.
It is beautiful and I want to make it. I love the patterns by Lisa Hannes, they are perfectly written and charted and fun to knit. I looked at the yarn options that she used. Then I thought, well, the Malabrigo that I have at home would work with this, I just need to order some more. So, that was it, I ordered one skein each of the color that I have and an additional 2 skeins in 'Purpuras' at Sheep Thrills - everything done within my one hour lunch break. Looking back, I think I could have waited a bit, gone home first to look at the 'Dos Tierras' yarns in my Knitcrate box, hold them, fondle them and contemplate, but no, I had to go and order the third color right away. Ok then, let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment