Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Firsts for me

A first for me happened this weekend. I was invited to a retirement party and
in front of co-workers I sang Karaoke. First time ever in my life. And no, I
did not have too much to drink, I was coerced into it, with another lady from
work, both of us, very quiet and introverted. But we did it. "Girls just want
to have fun", right?

What else happened? I baked lemon bars, and because the oven was hot, a pan of
cheesecake bars too. Both are new recipes which I tried for the first time. The
result is kind of 'meh'. The lemon bars are not lemony enough, but rather eggy
in taste. The cream cheese topping does not wow me either. The shortbread bottom layer came out too thick and therefore the bars are pretty dry. I
follow baking recipes in detail, but I fare better when the recipe is from my
German cook book and I can measure in grams, opposed to cups. It could be that
the amounts are more precise that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment