Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Can't make up my mind

I am having a real hard time choosing the right pattern for the 'Sheen' yarn. I cast on a few different shawls, the last one was 'Here be Water Dragons' and then I thought about coming up with my own pattern in a asymmetrical triangle. However, I have just finished two patterns in that shape, the 'Silverleaf' and the 'Diamonds for Amelie' shawl. Maybe time for socks?
Anyway, I am still pondering and going back and forth. Now I have cast on the 'Twinette' shawl which is a semi-crescent shawl knit from the top middle and fanning out.

A very simple style, which should work best with the yarn. Intricate lace patterns would not show with this variegated color.
But after a few rows, I am not convinced. The pattern is ok, nothing wrong with it, but it does not speak to the yarn. I am now almost convinced that this should be knit into socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment