Thursday, May 2, 2019

Time to block that shawl

The Diamonds for Amelie Lace Shawl  is finished. I still had yarn left to add to the border but I liked it to be about as broad as the original pattern was. If I had added more rows to it, it would have been too big of a border and in my mind the proportion would have been off. So, I bound off.

As soon as I have blocked it, I will add pictures. It is a beautiful shawl and it was fun to knit.

Thanks to Lisa Hannes' wonderful written and charted instructions. The lace pattern seems complicated, but in the end the repeated stitch pattern in each row consists of only 12 stitches. The charts are easy to understand and  I enjoyed the challenge switching from one diamond pattern to the next.

This is my second pattern by Lisa and I am sure to  knit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment