Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Spring is running behind in the mountains


This is one of two fruit trees we have in the backyard at our cabin. It has never bloomed before and I have never seen any fruit. My mom thinks it could be a cherry tree. The second tree is an apple tree, but they did not grow last year, but died off mid summer. That one does not have any flowers or even buds yet. Spring is running late this year.

On the bright side, there was so much snow and rain, that the drought is finally over in California and I do hope to see some fruity results.
The ski slopes just closed this past Sunday on Snow Summit and I am sure that the snow boarders had a wonderful season.
You can see the last spots of snow on the mountains on the south shore side of the lake.


Gino and I took a long walk on the north shore and I was so happy to see the lake filled up again. Even the white pelicans were back. I could not get a good picture of them (and they are not in the next photo) ☺


The nice warm sun and the fresh air does make you very tired and a good afternoon nap was on our agenda.


And of course some knitting and reading. All in all a very relaxing and quiet Easter Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment