Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Making progress with my Diamond Shawl

Woohoo, I have finished the third chart of lace diamonds on my 'Diamonds for Amelie' shawl. With one ounce of yarn left, I can go ahead and knit the border until I run out of yarn. It will be done by the weekend.




I already have plans for the needles, so I better cast-off soon. They need to be used for my next project with the 'Sheen'  yarn of the March Knitcrate box.

As mentioned before, I had already started to knit  the 'Here Be Water Dragons' by Quinton Lime, I have also been looking at other patterns, one of them the 'Glass Beach Shawl' by verybusymonkey. Both in my Favorites folder for a while. The Dragon one still speaks to me.

The Sheen yarn would also do very well with a garter stitch followed by a lace section. There are many patterns on Ravelry that are set up that way, like Antarktis, Two Sweets Shawl and This and That Shawl, but it would be fun to create my own. Just knit along and change over to a lace stitch and then back to garter while increasing on the sides. I will ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment