Monday, March 11, 2019

Mindful Practices

I have been checking in on this blog every now and then for a few years now: Marc and Angel/Hack Life.  I like the simple way these life coaches write their blog and make suggestions to cope with the negative and see a silver lining somewhere.

Today's blog entry suggests 8 things for your mental health. One of the eight is 'Performing short mindful practices' which I think you could do while you are at work. For instance:
Doing a body scan - checking out the body with your mind, one limb at a time. you can do this from your head to your toes in a matter of seconds.
And another practice (maybe during lunch): walking mindfully. I have been doing this for some time now. I try to feel each step, clear my mind, be in the Now, check out the surroundings. Spring is near and the birds are singing, the grass is greener (we had a lot of rain here) and the rabbits are multiplying. And by the way, the butterflies are migrating from Mexico and there are so many in the air these days. No wall can keep them back. Ha ha.....

It does clear your mind and put you in a good mood and helps you tackle the long afternoon with a bit more energy.

And of course I need to add knitting to the list of mindful practices. Nothing makes me calmer and happier than grabbing my needles and yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment