Sunday, March 10, 2019

My Granola Recipe

I love yogurt for breakfast with a little crunch in it. So I make my own granola. Here is the recipe that I have perfected based on a few different recipes (Good Housekeeping magazine and
Alton Brown/Food Network as an example) :


Granola

Ingredients:

1/4 cup vegetable oil (I use grapeseed oil)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
3/4 cups sunflower seeds
3/4 cups pumpkin seeds
optional - add raisins or other nuts

Heat oven to 250 F and line a large rimmed backing sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl add all ingredients and mix well so that all are coated evenly.
Distribute the mixture on the baking sheet and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Today I  made another batch and probably lost about 1 cup as I was my usual clumsy self. I took the baking sheet out of the oven and the parchment paper started slipping off with the granola spilling into the oven. I caught it in time.
Note to self: Do not remove a baking sheet with one hand especially not the left one. while using the other hand to talk on the cellphone. 😂


No comments:

Post a Comment