Sunday, February 24, 2019

TV tonight

I liked the Oscars tonight and I did not miss a host. It ran smoothly. The host usually is not on the stage that much, he/she tries to be funny in the opening speech, but the three gals from SNL (not S&L) took care of that. It was fine, we saw a few beautiful dresses, heard some good speeches, saw Lady Gaga cry in surprise and I loved seeing Barbra Streisand and Julia Roberts. Both wonderfully natural.

Other things on TV tonight. I saw that it was free to watch HBO (which I am not subscribed to) and Season One of Game of Thrones, so I thought I should check it out. Well, I did  not like it. It is not about the brutal scenes or the naked scenes, which do not bother me or about the fantasy story, it just did not grab me. Same actually goes for Harry Potter, not my thing.

So now I am off to wash the dishes. I made a very tasty chicken enchilada with verde chili sauce from scratch, not the sauce, that was from a can, but the chicken and stuffing. I winged it without a recipe and everyone loved it and stated, correctly, to enjoy it this once as I will never be able to make the same again. I just threw in what I had and did not take notes, so probably will not be able to duplicate it.

Tomorrow I will either make Chicken Chow Mein or a tortellini tomato soup, we will see how much energy I will have left after a day at the office.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment