Monday, February 25, 2019

Lavender (Knitcrate September 2019)

The September Knitcrate brought me a nice surprise. I received the lavender colored yarn that I had hoped for. I fondled it and admired it for the longest time and pondered what I could knit with it. I had a total of 658 yards, 200grams of soft beautiful yarn which deserved a beautiful project.
I found one and was very eager to cast it on right away.


Yarn: Dream by Vidalana in 'Lavender' colorway (70% Merino, 20% Silk, 10% Cashmere goat) 2 skeins, 329 yards each



Pattern: Silverleaf by Lisa Hannes. (maliha designs)

Comment: I loved knitting this pattern, consisting mostly of garter stitches and eyelet rows. And the leaf lace pattern gives it that elegant edge. The yarn knit up nicely and shows the yarn-overs and the lace beautifully. However, I think it would have shown better if the yarn had been a solid color. But I am not complaining. I have been wearing the shawl many times during this cold season in San Diego.



No comments:

Post a Comment