Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Ok, here's some knitting content (Knitcrate June 2018)

I signed up for the Knitcrate Membership in June of last year.  Here is what I have received and what I created with the yarn.

Knitcrate Membership June 2018
Yarn: Sumptuous by Vidalana in 'smacker' colorway (red) (80% Merino, 10% Cashmere goat and 10% Nylon) 2 skeins, 437 yards each.


The yarn is scrumptious. So soft, so easy to knit with and perfect for lace knitting, as it shows the details well. (yarn has been discontinued in the meantime)

Pattern: I knit the pattern that was included in the kit. "Minty Fresh", a triangle shawl created by Taiga Hilliard Designs. I enjoyed knitting the leaf lace and I like the broad edge pattern.
I have not added the fringe to it.

Comments: When I opened my first box I was a bit disappointed to receive the red colorway as red is not my color. However, I am really glad I did not receive the yellow yarn. The pattern was perfect for this yarn and I did not even start searching for other possible patterns. I cast on in June and finished (including the blocking) in September. I decided to give this shawl to my sister who wears red well. She lives in Bavaria where the Dirndl dress is popular. She owns one that would be perfect for this shawl. And when I handed it to her during the Christmas holidays, she agreed.
I also gave her the leftover yarn and she can add a fringe if she likes to. My finished project:


The Finished Shawl

No comments:

Post a Comment