Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Not my Prez

It has been a long weekend. Yesterday we had one of those rare holidays in the US: Presidents' Day aka Washington's birthday and Lincoln's too, I think. At least we are not celebrating the current president whose voice I cannot bear to listen to. I usually read the transcript of his speeches where I find that the incoherent, disconnected and ridiculous statements just jump right out at me and I wonder what idiot has written this speech for him. Of course, he goes off script sometimes, that's when he can't even complete a sentence. His declaration of emergency gave me a headache. "I didn't need to do this, but I'd rather do it much faster". Hopefully, he's digging his own grave with that statement. Anyway, we are still stuck with him for a while. Have to hang in there and vote, vote, vote.

It also was a long weekend because: Well, we did our taxes, always do them at this time of the year, and are not surprised that we owe more than we thought we would (thanks DT).

We spent some family time, which is special as we are not a big family and live and work in different cities. So any time that we get to spend together is precious, although stressful too, as we clash and argue a lot, bitter-sweet I guess.

We had the opportunity to spend time with old friends, no arguments there.

I baked an apple streusel cake, so moist and tasty, all from the ridiculous amounts of butter used. 
Apfelstreusel - not much left

And I had time to knit a bit. 
for a baby girl
Next holiday will be in May, Memorial Day. That will be another one of those weekends - it will include a wedding shower.... our daughter's.

I will post more about yarn and knitting in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment