Thursday, June 21, 2018

Designer Pen

Here is something a pen lover will appreciate. I was browsing ebay for retractable fountain pens and came upon this duo of pens by Daniel Hechter, a french fashion designer, very popular during the 80s in Germany. Although the fountain pen is not retractable, I loved the design of the pens and placed the minimum bid of $25. Yay, and got it.



The fountain pen looks like it has never been used. The nib is probably stainless steel, medium. I took one of my Pelikan cartridges in purple and it fit perfectly. I like the way the nib writes softly and evenly. Without the cap it is 10.5 cm/4.25 inches long, and lies perfectly cradled between my thumb and index finger.



The second pen is a retractable ballpoint pen. Unfortunately it did not write out of the box, I guess the ink had dried up, but the Parker ballpoint refill fits and it writes very nicely.




I really enjoy these writing instruments and the floral pattern brings me joy and I love to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment