Thursday, September 19, 2024

Feeling like blogging again?

 Blogging again? It was the hype so many years ago and I admire the constant bloggers who are able to post on a daily basis. Still following many of them. 

I have been retired for 11 months now and I am busier than ever. Most of my time is spent babysitting our two grandkids, a 4 year old boy (oh boy!) and a 11 month old girl (cutie).

In the little free time that I have (I also have a high-maintenance husband), I knit, read (paper books) .and try to stay organized

As I was setting up my 2025 planner, I thought about blogging again. After reading many blog posts (some pretty old) about the best way to set up your Filofax or what inserts to get, I feel like documenting (documenting!haha😊) my process of going back to the Filofax from a Hobonichi Techo, which has been my EDC (every day carry) for 6 years now. Time for a change.

And so it begins. This is the mess on my small desk. I have two great Filofaxes, the Siena and the Finsbury, both Personal sizes. Many inserts, stickers, dividers and such, all stored in Filofax boxes. 

An old Domino and do you remember the 'Doodle' compact Filo? Both are used for storage as well. 

I ordered 2025 Diary inserts from Filofax USA and can't wait to set up my planner. I just keep thinking of the best way that will work for me. That is why I was reading those blogs to get some inspiration. Well, I am taking my time and maybe even overthinking my set-up, but that's where the fun is. Similar to finding the perfect pattern to knit with a specific yarn. I can search for patterns and read instructions for weeks before I decide on the right one that I like.

And there we go. I may post about the Filofax, my knitting and all these thoughts going through my mind. Let's see how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment