Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Some Knitting

 This Blog used to be a knitting blog, well mostly. Since that last entry in June 2019, I have completed quite a number of projects.
Maybe around 20. That is a good number for me, as I am a very slow knitter. And currently I have 3 WIPs.
I am so happy to say that we have an additional family member and it is a pleasure to knit for him. Our little grandson, Harlan. Isn't it fun to knit for babies? Well, he is already 1 year old.  

Let me share a few of the finished objects that make him look so cute.

My favorite is this Snow Day Hoodie by Cedar Walters. This is a great pattern. A hoodie, knitted seamless top down from hood to sleeve ends. I just love it. 
The creation of the hood, starting with 'Judy's Magic Cast On' is brilliant. 
I had to redo it a few times before I understood, but then a light bulb clicked and I got it. It is like a toe up cast-on, however you do not close the loop to knit in rounds, rather turn around at one end and knit back and forth in stockinette. 





I have made another one for a little girl, daughter of friends of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment