Saturday, June 8, 2019

Purpura

Ooohh, my yarn order has arrived and I am very happy with the Purpura that I chose as the third yarn color for the Terzetto shawl.





I have also ordered KnitPicks 'Try It Needle Set'. These are interchangeable needles and the package contains one set of size 6 (4mm) Caspian Wood tips, one set of size 7 (4.5mm) Nickel Plated tips, one 24" (60cm) cable, one 40" (101cm) cable, four end caps, and one metal tightening key.

I cast-on with the 4mm Caspian wood needles on the longest cable. A very smooth needle joint, no snagging, and comfortable to hold. I re-cast with the nickel plated needles, expecting them to be slippery, but I was wrong. These metal needles have a good grip on the yarn and they are also comfortable. The cable is thin and very flexible. I am staying with this size of 4.5mm for the shawl until I reach the lace part and will switch to a 5mm size.

No comments:

Post a Comment