Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Patterns, Dragons and Disney

This past weekend was a nice quiet one. Besides attending a birthday brunch on Sunday, not much else was planned, and I had so much time to catch up on more knitting. Working on two projects at a time,
the Lace shawl


and the multi-colored Stole



I also searched for patterns for the March Knitcrate yarn 'Sheen'. 400 yards of lovely soft fingering Merino/Silk/Cashmere. I like the colors individually, except for yellow, however, I am not a big fan of how the colors pool together in a knitted piece.  I thought a very simple garter stitch shawl would be a perfect solution. I cast on the 'Toroni' shawl.


Unraveled that and cast on the 'Here be Water Dragons' shawl, because it has a bit more of an interesting shape. Currently experimenting with that.

I am making great progress on the Stole, already started the 4th color. It is a good project while watching Netflix. One of the movies in my queue was 'Saving Mr. Banks' with Tom Hanks as Walt Disney and Emma Thompson as P.L. Travers, author of Mary Poppins. What a delightful movie. I loved it. There is nobody more perfect than Tom Hanks in the role as Walt. His voice brought me back to the time I watched the Disney shows on AFN and prayed for an episode of Fantasy Land only to be disappointed with Frontier Land. The movie tells the story of the author of the book Mary Poppins and her reluctance to sell the rights to Disney. Of her childhood in Australia and her relationship with her father. I needed a tissue or two. Great movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment