Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Whiskey or Blush

The January Knitcrate box included another very nice soft yarn by Vidalana, however it was way too pink for me. The colorway was called Dawn Blush and it seemed like other members who posted pictures of their yarn had different shades of the blush color. Then again it is so difficult to photograph the color and get it right during the winter months.
This pink is not my color at all and I could not think of anyone in my circle who would wear it. Thanks to the wonderful option on Ravelry, I posted the yarn as a sell or trade item in my stash. The alternative color option of the January kit was a brown/caramel color which I would have very much preferred. And not long after my post, I received a few requests for a trade. A simple switch by involving the US Postal Office was made and two knitters are happy campers now.

Yarn: Ambient Worsted by Vidalana in "Whiskey" colorway (100% Wool) 2 skeins, 201 yards each




I have not chosen a pattern for this yarn yet. This would be an opportunity to work on something else besides scarves or shawls. I was thinking about knitting some animals, a teddy bear or a sock monkey. Time to browse for patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment