Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Recap of our trip

Of course all was not bad on our trip to Germany. Here is a recap of the good stuff. (A bit late to post but glad I got to add it to the blog.)

The moment we arrived in Munich, we visited the Weihnachtsmarkt (X-Mas market) right at the airport and enjoyed a Bratwurst and Gluehwein with our son, Tommy.


We picked up the rental car at Hertz and I quickly attached the reindeer props that I had brought along which totally embarrassed him.


It took us about 2 hours to drive to my sister's and we were welcomed with a wonderful dinner and a cozy guest room.

That bread selection ....


We enjoyed driving through the wonderful Allgaeu and took long walks in the forest.





We hung out with my mom and looked at old family pictures.


Mom, me and my sister with my favorite car - 1959 Pontiac Catalina

Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Mom and me in front of their mom-and-pop grocery store

 I got lots of homeopathic medicine to relieve my cough

And there was some knitting involved too. I finished my project that I had brought along
Arroyo shawl

and as a Christmas gift I received a wonderful knitting bag and many balls of sock yarn.
It wasn't that bad of a trip after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment