Friday, March 15, 2019

Colors chosen

The color sequence has been chosen. It is an alternation between light and dark and it will bring out the individual colors much better than my previous order.



As soon as I was sure of my choices, I could not help myself but cast-on with the 'Grizzly Heather' yarn, the darkest brown. This is of course not the best color to work with when you need to pay attention to detail.

I wanted to avoid a constant recounting of stitches, so I placed a stitch marker after every 100 stitches. By the way, paper clips make great stitch markers. As this was late in the evening, I had to stop at 200. Early this morning I cast-on the next 256 and at a total of 456 I have my cast-on row. (6 stitches are border stitches).


At lunch I knit the first row and it confirmed that I had the right number on my needles. Even up to this point there could have been a mistake in my counting. It has happened many times before.
Now I can get the ball rolling. This will be my "carry everywhere, mindless knitting in front of the TV" project.

No comments:

Post a Comment