Wednesday, February 27, 2019

The perfect Blush (Knitcrate October 2019)

The October Knitcrate box announced the winter with a soft DK yarn. I was afraid that I would not like the pink color selection, but it turned out to be a very soft tone and variegating with a cream-like color, I compare it to a strawberry ice-cream swirl. I knit a hat/finger-less glove set and only used one skein.




Yarn: "Halo DK" by Audine Wools in 'Blush' colorway (50% Alpaca, 30% Merino, 20% Nylon) 2 skeins, 236 yards each

Pattern: 'Diamond Lace' by Lana Jois and
'Good Time Fingerless Mitts' by Melissa Woods






Comment: I liked the mitt pattern because of the snug fit. I prefer them that way too. They fit over your hand and tuck easily under your coat sleeve. I also liked the thumb gusset increase which started pretty soon after the ribbing. Melissa calls it the 'perfect take anywhere project'. It really is. I knit one mitt on a train ride to Los Angeles, which takes about 3 hours from San Diego. Funny story was that my fifth dpn got caught on the edge of the drop-leaf table in front of me and catapulted into the air. I was terrified that it may have hit someone. Left with four needles, I rearranged the stitches and continued to knit. Fortunately, when I got off at my station, the area around me was not as crowded anymore and I was able to look under all the seats close by to find it finally across the aisle. I was so glad to retrieve it as these were my favorite bamboo dpns.

The hat pattern came with the kit. A very easy lace pattern, that smoothly transferred into the decrease section at the crown. An old vase set upside down worked perfectly for blocking the hat.

This set is a favorite of mine and I wore the hat and mitts a lot during my trip to Europe in December.

As I have one more skein left, I ponder what I could make next. Maybe a small kerchief that would complete the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment