Wednesday, November 30, 2016

NaBloPoMo 2016 - The End

Well, I have made it this year and have written almost one entry every day in November, except for two days during the Thanksgiving Holiday. I may fill these entries in later. I may also add some photos afterwards as I go through my old albums.
This is my journey - Part 2, Life in Berlin ended with our move to the United States.

I cannot say enough, how lucky I am to have been a witness to so many global events in my life. After going through the revolution in Iran, and leaving our home almost head over heels, we arrived in Berlin which was still in the midst of the Cold War. Living in West-Berlin felt like living on an island, that was not surrounded by water, but locked inside a communist controlled country. We never thought that this situation would ever change, but when we witnessed the fall of the Wall. We were elated. What an experience to have been there.

Today in the U.S. we almost saw a female president win the election, after having witnessed the acceptance speech of an African-American President, what could have topped that? But we have been surprised or let's say 'trumped' by an outsider.
We will see what the future shall bring.

Thank you for reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment