Thursday, May 14, 2015

Everything happened in April

I can't say I have been too busy. Let's just say, I have not been very motivated in the past months.
My knitting has dwindled down to one project. I finished a cowl in April and I am currently knitting socks. The first quarter of the year was uneventful. That does not mean that I have not thought about this blog, but every time I opened up a blank post page, I did not have anything to write about.

April was more exciting. Activity picked up by mid-month. I started making a packing list because we were on our way to Germany. It had been over 2 years since we visited my family and it was about time to get together again.
This time we chose to visit during the spring season. The trip fell on my birthday and on my son's, a great opportunity to celebrate together.
We had booked the flight with Lufthansa and I can only recommend that airline. The service was very good and the 11 hours flight just seemed to fly by....

We were greeted by a great view from my sister's house.


Mom baked the birthday cakes. Eggnog Bundt Cake and Pineapple Cheese Cake.



There was lots of food involved during this trip. Breakfast, Lunch, Coffee and Cake and then Dinner. Every day. I have not stepped on a scale yet.

We went sightseeing:
Schloss Linderhof

Garmisch-Partenkirchen

Fuessen

Dinkelsbuehl
We enjoyed the animals we met
Tiger-Lilly
Marie (sons's cats)


Phoebe (my sister's dog)

A surprise visit by a peacock close by

Goats on field next door

We met old friends and made new ones. It was a great trip and I hope to go back sooner next time.

“Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” 
― Anita Desai



No comments:

Post a Comment