Thursday, August 30, 2007

Setting up....

I choose Strickmuse. I also set up my Flickr account and started to move pictures into that account. Just trying to get into all the details and stuff that you can do with these pictures: sets, batches, tags. This Flickr account will only be knitting related. Well, maybe I will add pictures of my pets. Looks like so much fun. I usually use Photobucket for the blog pictures. Although my class reunion pictures are on Google Picasa. And again, too many accounts. I can't seem to get organized.While adding my project pictures to Flickr I notice how sketchy I really am. Or should I call it shallow-brained. I never take any notes along with my project, let alone make a swatch. I don't keep the name or maker of the yarn I used, how much I used and I don't know which needles I knit with. When it's done it's done and it fits or it doesn't. How bad is that. Me, the person who loves to make lists, write for the sake of writing with different pens. Collects journal books and all kind of notebooks. I even have a cool knitting
note book with tabs and pockets etc. I could make notes for the different projects, but who cares, I will wear that FO or will fold it and forget about it. Maybe this is where Ravelry comes in for me. This is a beginning. I can start entering my needles, my stash. But first the pictures. This will keep me busy for now. Actually, I am all excited about it.


Ich habe mich fuer Strickmuse entschieden und mich gestern Nachmittag angemeldet und ein wenig herumgeschaut.
Es gibt soviele Gruppen, zwei habe ich gewaehlt, aber es werden sicherlich noch viel mehr dazukommen. Nun bin ich dabei, meine Fotos in Flickr zu speichern und sortieren. Man kann sich den ganzen Tag damit beschaeftigen.


I finished one sock. After casting on again three times, I am finished in a flash. A very nice pattern, easy to memorize and great to look at. Now I just need to add this project in Ravelry. Oh, and of course I may want to start the second sock, he he....



Eine Socke ist fertig. Das Muster war einfach (na klar, nachdem ich dieses Ding dreimal von Vorne began, muss sich das Muster ja irgendwann mal eingepraegt haben). Als ich dann den richtigen Rhytmus hatte, ging es ganz flott. Trotzallem sind Socken nicht gerade mein Ding. Vielleicht sollte ich versuchen, Socken mit zwei Rundstricknadeln zu stricken, das ist evtl. einfacher, sieht halt nur so kompliziert aus.
Und nun an die zweite Socke....

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:14 AM

    Hi.

    Och, das werden doch ganz wunderschöne Socken. Kann ich gar nicht verstehen, das Du das Sockenstricken nicht so magst ;)
    Versuch es halt mal mit 2 Rundnadeln, vielleicht macht es Dir dann mehr spaß. Ich habe das mal versucht, habe es aber nicht hinbekommen. Ich bin mal auf Deine Erfahrungsbericht gespannt.

    LG
    Iris

    ReplyDelete