Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Socks done


I finished the River Rapid Socks Sunday night. They fit, they look nice and I like them.
The pattern was easy to follow and I had it memorized in no time. The stitches on the back of the heel are great. I have seen that kind of pattern on socks before but never knew that it was so easy to reinforce that area a bit by not knitting every other stitch, just picking it up. Well, now I know.

The only change that I made, was the bind-off at the toe. I decreased until I had 12 stitches and then did a 3-needle bind-off. The toe looks a little pointed but does not show when you are wearing the socks. Overall, I am very satisfied.






River Rapid Socks

by Sockbug

Yarn: Schachenmayr nomotta Regia Color 4-ply

345 yards (1.5 skeins)

2.5 mm double pointed metal needles

November 28 - January 24, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment