Family grows...

Moving on chronologically,(I still have 10 days to go in this blog challenge, it's not easy to write every day and stay on topic) in 1985 on Dec 6th, on Nikolaustag, my grandmother Gertrud passed away in her sleep. I don't even know how that could have happened, she was in her 70s and still very young at heart, but her mind had suddenly given up and she was lost and confused a lot. I am glad that she did not suffer at all.

Two weeks later I had a miscarriage and the year ended on a bitter note.

But in 1987 we were happy to welcome our daughter, such a cute and sweet and quiet little baby girl. I don't know what happened in the meantime, because nowadays, she talks non-stop. She is a third grade teacher in the Poway School District in San Diego and talks all day in class. She does such a great job and we are so proud of her. I guess she found her calling.

Her brother was so proud to be a big brother and he still adores her to this day. She only gives him a hard time. That's what siblings do.

No comments:

Post a Comment