Writing in my sleep

“People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes.” 
― Neil Gaiman

Often times I wake up at 4am and cannot go back to sleep. My mind races, solving all kind of problems, answering any questions that have been floating around during the day and even creating scenarios on how a phone call should be handled. And this all happens in sort of a daze, as I probably doze off a little, and it turns into the weirdest dreams that are so real, it's scary.

I taught myself to concentrate on my breathing to distract from the distracting thoughts; sometimes it works, sometimes they are so much stronger and take over.

This morning I dictated a complete blog entry and now I cannot remember on what topic it was, but it was a good one. Maybe it will appear again and then I will be quick to write it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment