Mountains or Beach?

This weekend I did not drive up to the Owl's Den, instead I took a long walk on the beach. Torrey Pines to be exact.


“I thought of you and how you love this beauty,
And walking up the long beach all alone
I heard the waves breaking in measured thunder
As you and I once heard their monotone.

Around me were the echoing dunes, beyond me
The cold and sparkling silver of the sea --
We two will pass through death and ages lengthen
Before you hear that sound again with me.” 

It was a perfect day for a walk. Low tide at the time. But we have had high surf for a week or so, to the joy of all surfers, of course. Lots of pebbles and rocks have washed up on the beach and I enjoyed the variety of colors. Prepared, I brought along a bag as I love collecting the most colorful ones, and the most smooth ones. I may have taken too many pictures, here are my favorites.



“Hearts are like stones on an ocean beach...And people are like the tides that leave permanent marks on them.” 


Look at those colors. That is my palette. I could wear clothes in those shades, paint the walls at home, design a garden around rocks as beautiful as these.



“Endless ocean, blue water, dreamy sky, 
tranquil beach, love in the air, mind fly high.” 







“There is no place like the beach... where the land meets the sea and the sea meats the sky” 




And here is my bounty. They always look so more colorful when they are wet. I will keep them in my flowerpots, so they always shine when I water them.
















No comments:

Post a Comment