Too easy to get it right


The "One-Row Handspun Scarf" by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee is such a great and easy pattern, so I decided to knit it again for a friend.
Now I have to confess that the first scarf which I knit for my dad, did not turn out the way it should have. I noticed, way later, that I did not follow this easy pattern correctly. How could I have made such a major mistake? I guess the easier something is, the more difficult I make it.
My dad's scarf still came out to look great, mostly because of the wonderful yarn, which was Tupa by Mirasol.

In this case, I cast on 38 stitches with Schachenmayr Aventica and to give it a bit of a masculine look, because it is intended for a guy, I added two rows with some black left-over yarn on either side.




Now does that not look something like this wonderful scarf, which


I saw in the window at Banana Republic? (sorry I just could not get a better picture that day)
I think it does and I hope the recipient will enjoy wearing this fashion statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment