My Shawl/Vest

Last year I had an idea and I cast on stitches. This time I made notes and it took me over a year to get this project done and now I am very happy with the results.
The Quadratvest is finished.



Pattern by: Strickmuse
Yarn: Regia Trend and Classic Tweed, 100g (4 skeins)
Needles: US6 - 4mm


I wanted to use the Regia tweed-like yarn to make a large broad rectangle as a shawl. I like geometrical patterns, especially squares and thought the checkerboard pattern would be perfect for this. I have made a similar one in black "My 5-way no cable shrug" but this time I wanted to make it larger and add armholes, so I can slip my shawl on and it would not fall off my shoulders.


There was lots of frogging, drawing, calculating involved and this was really just a rectangle, so I admire the designers of intricate patterns and how they write down everything in detail. I am sure that I forgot something, but, nevertheless, I have written down the pattern and it is available for free on Ravelry, if anyone is inclined to knit something similar.



Now, I am just waiting for cooler weather to be able to wear this.


No comments:

Post a Comment