Philofaxy Meet Up in Pasadena


On July 13th I attended a Philofaxy Meet-Up for Southern California, in Pasadena. Crazy Filofax enthusiasts got together to talk about binders, diary pages, setups, different models, sizes, leather, pens. etc.


It was organized by Jennifer who you may be following on her blog. We met at this TeaRoseGarden which is a combination of tea-room and flower shop, and it is a cute small cozy place.


It seemed as if many groups had booked that day and no wonder, because it is the perfect place for a small birthday party, bridal shower or just a girls day out.


The service was very nice and helpful with our requests. And the decoration was very tearoom, garden style.


Everyone placed their Filofaxes on the table and soon they were passed around. My Siena and blue Domino are covering the Pocket Botanic. So I had three binders with me to show.


Jennifer made the introductions and presented all the different styles and models.


In between talks we also enjoyed some tea and food. Cucumber and chicken salad sandwiches, different kind of scones, jam and cream. All was very tasty - not much left on picture below.


A group photo - I am the last one in the back on the left. I had nice conversations with Rebecca, Mai and Karen. Unfortunately I do not remember all the other names but I found a more detailed post on Jennifer's site here.


And finally the presentation of all binders. Jennifer was so patient in setting them up by size and color coordinating them. So much fun.


We went to Vromans bookstore were we browsed their Filofax section which to my amazement was huge. We don't have any representation in San Diego, so I was enjoying it very much. And I was the lucky winner of this:


Page flags, I-clips and Faber-Castell pen. Woo hoo..... A perfect day.
Well, that's how the Saturday started, unfortunately car trouble ruined it after that. That would be a completely different post.

No comments:

Post a Comment