My list of books I read this summer

“There is no friend as loyal as a book.” 
― Ernest Hemingway

The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern
An enchanting love-story between two magicians who are opponents in a challenge. A magical mysterious circus story. Loved it.

The Lake Shore Limited - Sue Miller
Completely unexpected. I found this book at a sale and took it because I had read "While I was Gone" which I remember as a good book. This book blew me away completely. There is not much action, lots of dialogue, perspective from four different characters. But I felt that I could have read this book with a highlighter and marked every other passage as relevant to my current situation. I loved it.

The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield
I was drawn into this novel right from the beginning. A great kind of gothic mystery, where secrets of the past are revealed slowly into a new story, the thirteenth tale.

I also have many books on my Kindle waiting to be read and for my lunch breaks at work I chose some of the crime/mystery books which are always fun and entertaining and also a fast read:

The Pawn and The Rook - Steven James
Nowhere to Run - Nancy Bush
The Heist - Janet Evanovich


A completely new genre to me are sci-fi stories and I devoured these two just recently:

Wool - Hugh Howey
Positron Series by Margarat Atwood


On my shelf:

Rococo - Adriana Trigiani
Girl With No Shadow - Joanne Harris
Change in Altitude - Anita Shreve

Currently reading:
A Fatal Inversion - Ruth Rendell as Barbara Vine


No comments:

Post a Comment