A great Zauberball project

by Emma Fassio
Yarn: 1 ball Zauberball (approx.460y/420m)
Color: ("Gebrannte Mandeln")
Needles: 4mm





What a wonderful pattern for one skein of Zauberball. Although orange has never been a favorite color of mine, here it works so well with the dark red that I really like it. The German name for this yarn's colorway is "Gebrannte Mandeln" which means 'burnt almonds'. It refers to an almond snack which I usually bought at the fair in Berlin. Almonds are sugar-coated and caramelized to a rusty orange/red. So the colors in the yarn move from a wonderful dark red to a burnt sienna to a nice rusty orange.





I ended the shawl slightly differently than the pattern is written, not really on purpose and I don't know exactly why. When I noticed that I had made a mistake and not followed the last four rows correctly, I repeated the yarnover rows two more times and bound off. I like the outcome.




Very wearable. The shawl size measures approx. 76 in by 19 in and is a good medium sized shawl, that can be worn in different styles. I usually wear my triangular ones simply over the shoulder to keep from freezing when the a/c kicks in at the office.




For now the shawl is wrapped in tissue paper and stored in a ziplock bag until the fall when I can show it off at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment