The perfect red

Speaking of cosmetics, (by the way, the items I mentioned in previous post are available on Amazon, just don't know how long) I have found this great nail polish at CVS. It's from a line by Salma Hayek/Nuance and this color is called My Favorite. The color is a perfect red, matches with most shades of reds, pinks and purples. (I would love to have some yarn in that same color) And the best thing this polish, it is so durable. I only need to re-do my nails once a week, usually Sunday afternoons and it holds one full week without chipping. Now for a red polish that is great news. I really like this color, it is close to an old Revlon polish "A Toast of New York" which also got discontinued, of course. The matching lipstick by Nuance, however, does not work for me.



So, I tried to capture the color this morning with this picture and it displays it pretty close to its original on my phone. Now looking at the picture of my hands, I notice that they have aged too. Well, I guess that's what happens. But what I think is even more interesting, is the way my index finger is curving to the left. It looks exactly like grandmother's. And that made me smile.

Haende, ja leider altern sie auch. Ich sehe, dass mein Zeigefinger nach links kurvt. Genauso, wie bei meiner Grossmutter. Oma Kapheim hat bis ins hohe Alter ihre Naegel einmal die Woche selbst manikuert und lackiert. Ich denke oft an sie, nun noch oefter, wenn ich meine eigenen Haende anschaue. Das strahlt irgendwie Waerme aus. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment