Old books

“A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and once more in old age, as a fine building should be seen by morning light, at noon and by moonlight.” 
― Robertson Davies

In my teens I read a book that keeps coming back to my mind.. "Das Medaillon" by C.C. Bergius. It is a love story (of course, what else does a teenager read) of two people who have loved each other in previous lives and they always seem to come together through a medallion.
I have just recently read a book about reincarnation by Susanne Kearsley, "Mariana" and it must have triggered my search for the old book. I found a copy on the internet, for just a few cents and I am now curious if I will like the book as much as I did then. 
Will I still be smitten by the two lovers? Or will I think of this as a cheesy story? 
Now that I hold an old copy in my hands, I actually cherish it but have not read beyond the first sentence. It did not ring a bell yet.

Als Teenager habe ich mich in das Buch "Das Medaillon" von C.C. Bergius verliebt. Natuerlich eine Liebesgeschichte, von einem Paar, das sich in frueheren Leben schon liebte und immer wieder durch ein Medaillon zusammenkam. Hoert sich schnulzig an, nicht wahr.
Gerade vor kurzem hatte ich ein Buch, das ueber Wiedergeburt handelte, gelesen (Mariana) und das loeste bei mir die Erinnerung. Ich fand nun auch eine alte Ausgabe und jetzt habe ich es hier zu liegen. Wird es mir ein zweites Mal auch gefallen?

No comments:

Post a Comment