New books


I have ordered a few new books from Amazon while they were on sale.
Yes, in print format and not for my Kindle. It is nice to hold a book in your hands and turn the pages. Sometimes I like to skip to the end of the chapter and take a peek, other times I like to reread a previous paragraph because I missed something. It's easier to do with a paper book than searching for bookmarks or names on the Kindle.
These four have been in my shopping cart for quite some time and I look forward to reading them.

The Graveyard Book, Neil Gaiman
The Historian, Elizabeth Kostova
Outlander, Diana Gabaldon
The Devil in the White City, Erik Larson

In the meantime I have downloaded a few free books, mostly German Editions of old books that are available now. Old German Christmas Tales for Children (Weihnachtsmärchen für Kinder). I would like to sit down and read them to my daughter one of these evenings.


2 comments:

  1. You will love Outlander. One of my favorite books ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read Outlander but enjoyed the other three books immensely.

    ReplyDelete