Baking Madeleines

Madeleines are a favorite of mine. You usually find them next to the cashier at Starbucks or packaged in the bakery sections of the grocery store. I love their soft, light and fluffy texture. But they are rich, I tell ya. Six eggs and 2 sticks of butter? Man!
I found this recipe in Martha Stewart Living magazine, September 2011.
And I had an itch to bake them because I knew I had all the ingredients but I was missing the Madeleine form. Then I remembered that I had a mini-donuts form. Perfect.


It is important that the six eggs should be at room temperature because they will fluff up more when mixing them. The batter has to cool in the fridge for 2 hours. I had stuff to do so mine chilled for about 4 hours, but it still worked out well.


The results were wonderful. My coworkers loved them. It was a nice treat in the afternoon.


Try it out. It is easy and you can add flavors to them, make chocolate madeleines, or add some almonds or lemon zest. Yummy.

1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea! WIll you email me your madeline recipe. I love them too - they go great with cappuccinos :)

    ReplyDelete