More books

It's always exciting to receive a package from Amazon.
I had a giftcard and finally ordered a few books that were on my wish list. Here are three:

My Nepenthe -  Romney Steele

My Nepenthe: Bohemian Tales of Food, Family, and Big Sur


Several reasons I wished for this book:
- I love the Big Basin area on the Pacific Coast. We used to drive south on Highway 1 on our way to Los Angeles and enjoy the impressive views. We would stop for lunch at the The River Inn, or a campsite, like Jade Cove or Sanddollar Beach further south, but I have never been at Nepenthe. So, this goes on my list of things to do one day.
- I love books that tell a story and include beautiful photographs and recipes. This is one of those 'making you feel good' books. It does not disappoint.
- And then there was a knitting connection: I read about this book on one of the knitting blogs that I follow and I can't remember which one it was.(That's why I now have my little red Filofax to capture information like this for future blog entries). It has a knitting connection too, because this place belongs to Kaffe Fassett's family. That is how it got on my wishlist in the first place. It has definitely been worth it.

Don't fill up on the Antipasto -  Tony Danza

Don't Fill Up on the Antipasto: Tony Danza's Father-Son Cookbook

This is another book that tells a story and shares family recipes. There is something about collecting original traditional italian recipes, how the grandmother made the best lasagne or bolognese sauce ever. I want to try these recipes and find the best ever sauce or pizza dough ever. I love to read about large family gatherings, where everyone comes together to cook together and share recipes - I want to be part of that. Tony Danza has a wonderful way of telling his family stories. And as I cannot have my family here (and I don't even have a large family), I love reading about them.

The Red Garden - Alice Hoffman my all time favorite author

The Red Garden

Her books will not be in any kind of e-format, same goes for any book that includes a photo or a recipe. I have to be able to touch them and flip through the pages at my leisure. Alice Hoffman's books will always be books on my shelves. I look forward to reading this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment