A wonderful morning

It's cold outside, only 11C - that's about 56F - well, cold for San Diego standards. Early this morning I was waiting for the birds to show up. They have finally found the bird feeder. It took about 3 months before the first bird arrived. Now they are making lots of noise and a lot of mess. Whatever they drop on the ground, a pair of doves comes and feeds on.

I am sure it's a finch, just don't know exactly which kind. They have a slightly red colored throat.
I hope that many different kind of birds will join soon. I used to love watching the bird feeder at my dad's home. It was a colorful event when all the birds arrived early in the morning.

I am looking forward to a 4 day weekend. Hopefully there will be time and some sunny days to take the dogs to the beach, enjoy the patio during daylight (hate getting home after dark these days) and maybe grill some burgers on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment