Ten on Tuesday - 10 Things To Love About Fall

Bread in baking panImage via WikipediaFall is my favorite season, because
  • Dog Beach in Del Mar is open again. Dogs can be off-leash after Labor Day to Memorial Day
  • The summer tourists are gone and the beach is walkable again
  • I like how the air smells differently around this time of year. The days are usually warm and the evenings cool, although this year we had a very weird weather pattern here in San Diego, almost no sunny days during the summer, but a few pretty hot days past week. Now it's raining and cooler than usual.
  • Knitting is more fun this time of year.
  • it's time to turn on that oven again and start baking. I signed up for a bread baking class end of the month and look forward to learning more about the reaction of yeast. I have also ordered the book Artisan Bread in Five minutes a day  - many seem to be raving about it.
  • I can wear my knitted creations, shawls mostly.
  • I cook more soups. We love soups and stews and they are such a fall and winter dish. Favorites are Mexican Bean Soup and German Lentil Soup.
  • it's time to get out the Halloween decorations, it's always fun to set up a skeleton, hang some freaky eyes, etc. even if it is only in front of a small condo entry.
  • I enjoy taking long walks. My walking group is active again. We just took a walk at Lake Hodges on Saturday. The temperature was acceptable at 8.30am but it warmed up fast and we were glad to be back inside for a nice breakfast and long girlie talk. 
  • I look forward to cooking that turkey for Thanksgiving and enjoying dinner with loved ones.
However, I do not like the shorter days and driving home from work when it's dark and we are getting there fast.
.
If you would like to participate in the Ten on Tuesday, sign up here..
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. I just picked up the Artisan Bread book, too. Can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I see you like knitting and dogs too... if you stop by my blog you'll find a couple reviews with giveaways that you might be interested in! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your list! fall seems to be everyone's favorite season!! good luck with the baking class - my daughter gave me Rose Levy Beranbaum's The Bread Bible and it's certainly comprehensive (but kind of overwhelming, too!)

    ReplyDelete