October 25, 2010

It was a nice weekend. Very relaxing. No 'must-dos' or have-tos' - just doing whatever I felt like.


Which included making a necklace for my sister. I have so many beads but never take the time to make anything. Suddenly, I had the urge to start a simple plain necklace by braiding a fine string and placing a bead randomly. The string is from the plastic place-mat you see on the picture. It has been unraveling on the edge and I kept the strings for this purpose. - I collect everything that may have potential for a future project. (I just saved a few belts that M was throwing out, because they could be incorporated into bags that I have not made yet.).
.
While I was fiddling with the beads, a great lemon cake was baking in the oven. This cake was one of the recipes from the Barefoot Contessa at Home cookbook. What a wonderful and easy recipe and the cake is so moist, lemony and light. Both M and I could have eaten one slice after another. But we left some for friends to enjoy later on Sunday afternoon.

Lemon Yogurt Cake
.
On Sunday morning I was up early, walked the dogs to the dog park and had them romp around for a long time. Back home I made a lasagna with fusili pasta and it was as good as a real one.

You can see that we both enjoyed it. And the best part is that I don't have to cook tonight, lots of leftovers.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:39 PM

    Calling the FoodNetwork now...mmm yummy

    ReplyDelete