Focaccia anyone?

.
Last night I attended a Bread Baking Class offered by the Poway Adult School. This was really fun. Joy, the instructor, was very helpful and knowledgeable. She took the time to discuss the different flours (use bread flour, it's a high-gluten flour and helps the yeast do its thing) and explain how yeast works (use dry active yeast, not instant yeast). Anyway, in 3 hours we had made the dough and baked a Focaccia bread, sprinkled with garlic, rosemary, sage, olive oil and salt and had made an additional rosemary bread dough which we did not bake there but took home to finish at a later time. Here you can see the bread right out of the oven, unfortunately nothing is left over as I type this. M and I enjoyed a few warm pieces last night and today I shared the rest with my coworkers.
.
.
I froze half of the other dough and will bake small rolls with one half tonight or tomorrow. Let's see what tonight has in stock for us. I am supposed to alter a Halloween costume for M. this should be interesting as I have not taken out my sewing machine in over a year. Probably last time for the same reason.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I recently started baking sour dough bread, and now my family won't eat anything else. It's kind of like keeping a pet, actually, since the started needs to be fed every day, kept warm and happy, and it keeps growing and growing and growing...

    ReplyDelete