Ten on Tuesday - 10 Ways to Lighten Your Mood

Great topic and I can't wait to read the other entries and find more suggestions to lighten one's mood. Everyone is in a slump now and then and it takes some creative willpower to get out of it.
  • The first thing I do is tell myself to stop moping around and start counting my blessings and be grateful for what I have.
  • Call a friend - well, I actually prefer to email or text a friend as I am not much of a phone-talker, but it helps when I just send a short message, like: I'd rather be in Vegas than here at the moment.
  • Mostly, I prefer some alone time.
  • Have a drink, some tea or a glass of wine, depending on time of day, or an ice cream and sit down for a moment.
  • Knitting itself does not necessarily lift my spirits when I am in a bad mood, but going through my stash and looking for new patterns and yarn is always a wonderful distraction.
  • Same with recipes, I love reading recipes just like knitting patterns and that always seems to help.
  • Take the dogs out for a walk, they are so funny to watch and the walk and fresh air clear my foggled mind. (Cooper and Gino, romping around - please excuse the last second, ha ha)
  • Give myself a mani/pedicure - I love to sit down with a glass of wine and a book and polish my nails, choosing the color is as much fun (currently my favorite summer color is 'Tuscan Sun' Revlon).
  • Go for a drive - eight miles from the ocean is not far and very uplifting and then
  • Take a walk on the beach - the best way to clear one's mind is taking a brisk walk at Torrey Pines State Beach.
  • Sometimes - cuddletime! 
If you would like to participate in the Ten on Tuesday, sign up here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by... happy ToT! Another person who loves dogs and knitting - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you to live so close to the ocean , I think I'd be there a couple of times a week !

    ReplyDelete