Ten on Tuesday - 10 Ways to Enjoy Summer

La Jolla, California; view from La Jolla Cove ...Image via Wikipedia
Summer has always included some time at the beach. When we lived in Iran, we would spend a few weeks at the Caspian Sea. Later in Europe, a vacation in Italy at the beach was a must. Now I live in San Diego and the beach is only 10 minutes away. Wonderful!
So here is today's random list of 10 Ways to Enjoy Summer:

  1. Get a pedicure and walk barefoot - I love to walk barefoot on a lawn and on the beach. 
  2. Plant a tomato and enjoy watching the fruit grow. The scent of tomato plants always reminds me of summer.
  3. Choose a list of books (see previous ToT entry) and read outside every occasion that you get. On the patio, in a park at lunchtime, etc.
  4. Choose a summer knitting pattern that knits up fast - I just finished the Grrlfriend Market Bag with leftover cotton yarn. Fun project and it was done over the Fourth weekend.
  5. Try out different BBQ recipes each weekend - so many choices of sauces and meats and veggies to grill.
  6. Organize at least one picnic for the kids and their friends. When you provide the food, they will all show up no matter what age.
  7. Make fresh lemonade. I am always on the look-out for friends who have citrus trees in their backyard. The perfect lemonade is made with freshly squeezed lemons.
  8. Enjoy sitting on the patio late at night - watching the stars and listening to crickets.
  9. Spend time at the pool. I don't know why, but I love the smell of chlorine. I have always been drawn to pools and lifeguards - he he....(that's how I met my husband).
  10. And last but not least - have Ice Cream.
If you would like to participate in the Ten on Tuesday, sign up here.







Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment