Image via WikipediaSummer has always included some time at the beach. When we lived in Iran, we would spend a few weeks at the Caspian Sea. Later in Europe, a vacation in Italy at the beach was a must. Now I live in San Diego and the beach is only 10 minutes away. Wonderful!
So here is today's random list of 10 Ways to Enjoy Summer:
- Get a pedicure and walk barefoot - I love to walk barefoot on a lawn and on the beach.
- Plant a tomato and enjoy watching the fruit grow. The scent of tomato plants always reminds me of summer.
- Choose a list of books (see previous ToT entry) and read outside every occasion that you get. On the patio, in a park at lunchtime, etc.
- Choose a summer knitting pattern that knits up fast - I just finished the Grrlfriend Market Bag with leftover cotton yarn. Fun project and it was done over the Fourth weekend.
- Try out different BBQ recipes each weekend - so many choices of sauces and meats and veggies to grill.
- Organize at least one picnic for the kids and their friends. When you provide the food, they will all show up no matter what age.
- Make fresh lemonade. I am always on the look-out for friends who have citrus trees in their backyard. The perfect lemonade is made with freshly squeezed lemons.
- Enjoy sitting on the patio late at night - watching the stars and listening to crickets.
- Spend time at the pool. I don't know why, but I love the smell of chlorine. I have always been drawn to pools and lifeguards - he he....(that's how I met my husband).
- And last but not least - have Ice Cream.