Ten on Tuesday - 10 Things to Bring on a Camping Trip

camping_kittensImage by PDXdj via Flickr

Can you believe, I have never been camping? On picnics yes, but never camping overnight. I do not own any camping gear, sleeping bag or outdoorsy type of clothing. So, if I were to be invited on a camping trip, everything must be supplied by the organizer and I would bring the following:


  1. Warm socks - can't have enough of warm socks when it gets cold at night
  2. Lots of Ziplock Bags - I don't know why, but I think they will be needed maybe for wet clothes, or any stuff that I want to keep separate from dirt or sticky, icky things and to keep my knitting safe.
  3. Insect repellent and something to put on bug bites against the awful itching.
  4. Flashlight - a must
  5. Extra pair of everything - I have the tendency to slip into creeks or spill water bottles on myself and then need a change of clothes.
  6. Paper towel and tissue rolls
  7. Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat
  8. Camera
  9. Cellphone - fully charged
  10. Maybe a book?
The organizer will have to do all the planning and hauling. I don't think I will ever be invited. I actually do like the outdoors, just have not experienced them yet. Waiting to make the right friends.




If you would like to participate in the Ten on Tuesday, sign up here.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you'd start out pretty well! The flashlight is key and I have a ziplock bag addiction too!

    ReplyDelete