Needle size?

I undid the 40 plus rows of the Blue Jeans Shawl again. The #4 mm needles did not seem right. I cast-on again with 4.5mm needles, metallic this time, as the wooden ones seemed to snag the yarn. Did not have that problem with these needles on a previous project. So now I am at 20 rows or such and feel much better about it. The pattern shows better, the yarn seems to be happier and so am I.
I have just looked at my stash (easy to do on Ravelry) and I saw that I still have 4 skeins of Berroco Cotton Twist in cream color and orange. I was thinking of knitting a baby hat with it for one of our co-workers who is due in August but I was looking at different projects with this yarn and spotted a Market Bag. Maybe that would be a much better gift than a baby hat, because you always have to carry so many things with you as a new mom. I will ponder this and read the pattern to see if it is a fast knit or not. Only got 4 weeks left.

No comments:

Post a Comment