Tumbleweed

Last night I finished the Tumbleweed shawl which is based on the Arrowhead Shawl by Pam Allen. I used up exactly two skeins of the Merino Mia minus a few inches leftover yarn. I stopped counting my final stitches, I think it was about 236 when binding off and I did not count how many times I repeated the pattern, but in the instructions the pattern was repeated 6 times and I think I did it 8 times. Shows how much attention I pay to taking notes. I don't really care, as long as I have enough yarn and I like the results. (The Kleenex box goes great with this yarn, I love this picture).
Tonight I will block this little guy and see how big it will be in the end. Unblocked it measured 40" wingspan, 18" depth, kind of - who is into details anyway.
Here is a detailed helpful tutorial on how to block a triangular shawl with blocking wires, which I still have to obtain somewhere, pins will do too.



No comments:

Post a Comment