Leseratte

is a German term (translated - Reading Rat) for someone who reads constantly one book after another. Well, that is how I have felt the last few weeks because I just could not put down the books the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the second one, The Girl who played with Fire. I finished the second one last night and now I have a void. I don't want the story to end now. Which it doesn't, there is a third book and I can't wait to get my hands on it. But it seems that there is nothing else to read at the moment. It would be boring and I want to know what happens to Lisbeth. Frieda already made me very curious.
Knitting was really neglected during this time and I have to catch up with my two projects, because I already have a third one on my mind.
Fortunately at the end of this week I have a road trip planned and I might get some knitting done in the passenger seat (if the driver does not feel tired, which usually happens 10 minutes after we leave the house). Oh well, I have to get over a few days and long meetings first and then enjoy a long weekend.
I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. Mine was uneventful, as I do not like crowds and prefer to stay at home (and finish my book) and cook myself. So we had a nice dinner and my daughter had a few hours to spare and spend with us, before she was off to celebrate her own birthday.
All is good.

2 comments:

  1. Ich habe die Bücher von Stieg Larsson auch verschlungen! Es sollten ja ursprünglich sogar 5 oder 6 sein, aber leider ist er ja vorher verstorben. Der dritte Teil gibt nochmal den großen "Showdown", bei dem man erfährt, warum Lisbeth so ist wie sie ist. Die Verfilumg ist auch genial.

    Liebe Grüße
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to read the last one asap . It really completes the story line .

    Thanks to you a learned a new German word .It applies to me as well . I've always got a book on the go .

    ReplyDelete