Wearing of Shawls

The wearing of shawls in early 19th-century Fr...Image via Wikipedia

My Juno Regina shawl is coming along slowly as this is not a TV project. The pattern is easy to follow, although at first glance I thought it was confusing. I am at Chart 3 and can't wait to get to the easy middle part which I assume will be more of a mindless knitting part until you get to the opposite end of the shawl. That would give me a chance to start another lace project without confusing charts. I saw an interesting scarf, the Traveling Woman, which is designed by Liz Abinante while I was browsing the What Housework blog.  I think this could work with the one skein Regia Tweed.


Decluttering:
Ahh, this weekend was dedicated to three drawers of my dresser.
One is for my underwear, which is now easy to open compared to a stuffed drawer before. I used to own a black bra, but do not know where that went. Clutter Lots of old t-shirts that doubled as nightgowns have been discarded.
Second drawer held all socks, stockings and nylons. Yes, I encountered the infamous sock syndrome. Done, drawer opens now.
And the bottom one held everything from satin and cloth scarves to gloves, hats and bathing suits. Everything that I have not used in the past 10 years was out of there. Which means almost everything is in a Goodwill bag now. How did I ever fit into that pink bathing suit and why do I even own a 2-piece suit? Did I really wear that many scarves or kerchiefs in the 80s? Ouch, that means that I have been hoarding these for 30 years now.... Am I a HOARDER? Have you ever seen that show? It's scary. Well, of course I did not part with all of the scarves, I kept my favorite ones that have memories attached. My new plan is making pillow cases out of some.  I think that is a brilliant idea, just need to find the time to start sewing too. I could sell the satin ones to make pretty quilts. Or I could sell my 80s costume jewelry on eBay. But that would be my next drawer to clean up.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment