Lovely blue

Laptop is running like a charm. Still excited about it and it makes me a happy camper.

I am currently enjoying knitting the one-row scarf by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.

If you look on Ravelry there are about 2726 other One-Row-Scarf projects listed. Wow, they all look great and somehow different. It seems the pattern appears differently on my scarf. Maybe I still have to block it. I can't imagine that I have screwed up a simple pattern like that. It's a simple rib pattern, what could go wrong, and yes I have knit into the back loop, which I am familiar with and I have even looked up the link on Stephanie's instructions to a drawing, I got it right, but you never know with me - in German you would say.... I have seen horses puke.....(don't know how to explain that phrase....)


Anyway, I am enjoying it. The pattern is fun to knit (my way) and the Mirasol yarn is so soft to the touch, runs smoothly through your fingers and still let's you keep an even tension. I just finished half of the scarf, one skein and will start the second one tonight. It's a wonderful blue, close enough on the first picture. Great for my dad who has wonderful blue eyes (just like Paul Newman). Which reminds me of a funny story when I was a kid in the 70s. A wife of his co-worker once said to him, you look just like Lee Majors. Was she flirting with him? I don't know, but I always thought there was some similarity too and from then on we would tease him as being the Six Million Dollar Man (70s TV series). He did not mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment